Friday, September 5, 2008

Finding Something Friday...Will and Wowio

There's a very good reason why it's called Finding Something Friday 'round here. I've just spent an hour at least looking for...something. I'm pretty sure I had a piece of paper with a long list of interesting things I wanted to share with you (and by you, I mean Anonymous and Bill, apparently).

But I found something else while I was looking. It's Wowio, which kinda makes you want to jump up and click your heels, huh? Now that I think about it, you may be kicking your heels after you check it out. Wowio is an online bookstore where you can read books for free online and/or download a PDF for a moderate cost. So, say you'd like to read the first chapter or two of some classic, like Huckleberry Finn. You don't have to go to the library or search the web forever. It's right there at your fingertips, free at Wowio. Cool, huh?

Oh, and I found Will, too. Technically, I found the Will Rogers Writing Contest. If you can write an essay in the Will Rogers style, you can win this contest that's connected to Will Rogers and the National Society of Newspaper Columnists. You have till the end of the month, and please, don't write about Will. Write something funny or human interest-y. You'll find more info here. I think it's listed under the What's New section. And if it's not there, I'm not sure where you'll find it.

'Cause I'm having one of those Fridays where I can't find a thing.