Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tooting My Horn Tuesday About Copywriting

I feel just like Aladdin when he rubbed a lamp and a genie appeared to grant his wish.

Just last week, Bill sent a few commercials my way for a listen. Not just any old commercials. These were commercials I'd written and he'd produced while we both worked at the same (now defunct) radio station. For a couple of twentysomethings using, I believe, Marconi's original recording equipment, we were pretty darn amazing.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Bill granted my wish when he put those commercials on his podcast. So if you'd like to have a listen to those days in radio when announcers like Bill and copywriters like Cathy C. Hall made crazy commercials, then give a listen here.

Too bad I don't really have a genie. I might wish for one day at the Big X with old friends (and a young Mr. Hall). Well, at least until the Boss showed up.