Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Prince Charming Post

When the beneficent Mr. Hall rode into my life all those years ago, I can't say I was struck with his princely bearing. He did have a rather boyish charm that made me laugh. So after a ton of pizzas, served with buckets of beer, (plus a rose bouquet from a neighbor's garden) what do you know? Mr. Hall started to look a lot like my Prince Charming.

Which brings me to The Break-up Diet, the true story of a 30-something single mother/aspiring writer who's working as an exotic dancer and searching for her own Prince Charming. Not an easy feat when trying to find a perfect balance between her dreams and her day-to-day life as Supermom.





The Break-up Diet is by Annette Fix, the Senior Editor for Wow!Women-on-writing. She lives in California with her Danish Prince Charming, her son, and two dogs. She's inviting women to visit The Break-up Story Forum, a place where you can share your own break-up or dating stories. Or check out the book's website here.

The Break-up Diet: A Memoir goes on sale today. Be sure to check it out. But don't let that title fool you. Annette finally found her Prince Charming. And I happen to know she's living the happily ever after. Just like me and the beneficent, and as charming as ever, Mr. Hall.