Friday, February 29, 2008

Finding Something Friday...Big Bucks Come and Gone

I've waited for a few Fridays to pass, but never mind. What I hoped to find was that you, my friends and faithful blog readers, would be curious about the latest development on my Road to Publication. What I found instead, people, is not so much.

I'm referring, of course, to the Cathy C. Hall Fortune-O-Meter, which for the last three weeks, was hovering around $2.5 million. Sadly, that is no longer the case. But since no one asked for details, it hardly seems polite to brag away now.

So I will just share a way for you to increase your Fortune to the tune of $1,000 in the Lorian Hemingway Short Story Competition. It's a contest for emerging writers, though, so if you've already basked in the glow of Fame and publishing Fortune, then move along. For those of you just starting out, here's a chance at big bucks. Plus, you'll get a lovely letter from the granddaughter of Ernest Hemingway.

It's not $2.5 million. But it's a start.