Friday, December 28, 2007

Finding Something Fridays About an (Almost) Anthology Submission

I know they say that patience is a virtue. It's just that I'm not that virtuous...patience-wise.


When I found an email, Subject: Christmas Traditions Status, I was hoping to hear that Wheee! My story had been selected for said anthology. Fame! Fortune! Happy New Year to me! But no. The editor did say that she had culled down her entries and that my story was in the running (along with 200 others). She also reiterated that there is still time to send a (or another, I suppose) brilliant holiday tradition story, as long as you get it in by January 5th. If you look back at November 26th, you can get all the info you need about this market. I'm just saying-

And since we're talking in sayings, here's another one: "He who hesitates is lost." Now change the "lost" to "loses" and you'll found out what happens if you don't send in your brilliant speculative fiction to SFReader (or to be precise, their contest) by December 31st, midnight. I'm just saying-

And while I'm at it, I'll add another well-known saying: A winner never quits and a quitter just sits around whining about how she would have won if only she'd submitted something brilliant.

Or maybe that's just well-known to Cathy C. Hall. But I'm sure you can relate. I'm just saying-